Saturday, December 14, 2013

Milan Cocktail

I am not a fan of fruity drinks. I'll take chilled corn whiskey over a Blue Hawaiian any day. It was because of this I decided it was time for me to make something fruity that I could tolerate. Thus the Milan cocktail was born. Made with vodka, orange and lime juice, limoncello, simple syrup and cranberry bitters, it surprised me with how dry this drink was while still being sweet enough for even the most alcohol averse of sorority girls. If your anything like me there’s nothing better in the grip of a deep freeze than a nice summer cocktail to remind us that it will all be okay, even if Ned Stark does like to remind us that winter is coming.



The Milan Cocktail

1.5 oz. vodka
1    oz. fresh orange juice
.5   oz. fresh lime juice
.5   oz simple syrup
.5   oz. Limoncello
8 drops cranberry bitters

Add all ingredients to mixing tin and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass and garnish with a lime twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment